- 1996 home cooking start up by Djamila Mahdi (qualified Microbiologist) & Dr Mahdi (retired GP), creating authentic Middle Eastern, North African & Mediterranean foods for London’s small independent retailers & kebab shops.
- 1997 secures first manufacturing facility in London NW10, establishes chilled retail branded food range and van sales operation, with expansion into two adjoining production units in 2000. Brand values incorporate fresh ingredients, low in fat, no artificial preservatives or flavourings.
- •2002 Mrs Mahdi’s technical skills gain the BRC highest technical accreditation, the products gain in consumer popularity and new business secured with Budgens & Somerfield taking the business into the multiple retail market.
- • 2007 strategic move into the foodservice market supplying bespoke ingredients e.g. Falafel, Houmus, Couscous & Burghul Wheat prepared salads.
2008 -2010 foodservice business established includes some major UK sandwich manufacturers, and food service supply contracts.
- •2011 planned move to new production facility & expanded product range capability